Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I D/L Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard?

I have a MacBook Air that somebody installed Windows 7 on. I can't do a internet iOS install, I need to boot from a thumbdrive. Where can I find Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard for download?

Posted on Dec 21, 2015 11:46 AM

7 replies

Dec 21, 2015 11:51 AM in response to cellfixx

Leopard 10.5 is NOT available for download, and never has been downloadable.

You can contact Apple support and get the original installation disks, or you can see if you can get the installation DVD from eBay (I do not know if it is available from Apple any longer, but you could try that as well).

Any copy you do find for download would be an illegal copy and possibly pre-infected with malware.

Dec 21, 2015 12:41 PM in response to cellfixx

Contact Apple Support and request the original installation DVDs for your Macbook Air. There is a shipping and handling charge.

Or get Snow Leopard 10.6 from the on-line Apple Store (it is still available) and install that instead of Leopard. Besides, if you wish to upgrade to anything newer than Snow Leopard, then Snow Leopard is the minimum starting point, as it was the first OS X release with the App Store application, which would be needed to download the first OS X releases that are available via download (Lion, Mountain Lion, ... El Capitan).

Where can I D/L Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.