Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to write with Apple Pencil then convert to text (mac)

I just received my apple pencil - I would like to use it to jot down notes then convert the handwritten notes into text but I can't figure it out! I can write things but how to convert to text? I'm a mac-only household.

Apple Pencil, iOS 9.2, ipad pro

Posted on Dec 22, 2015 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2016 10:30 AM

Try the _MyScript Stylus - Handwriting Keyboard_ App form the App store. It installs as a new keyboard that you can use in any app.

You can select the MyScript - Stylus keyboard anywhere you would use the usual keyboard, exactly like you would select the Emoji keyboard. The keyboard is replaced with a handwriting scroll and you simply write in the scroll and it is converted to text in what ever app you are using the keyboard in.

There are other apps for creating text based notes from handwriting, but I liked this one because it can be used with any app.

Forgot to mention, it's free! 🙂

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2016 10:30 AM in response to hsitk

Try the _MyScript Stylus - Handwriting Keyboard_ App form the App store. It installs as a new keyboard that you can use in any app.

You can select the MyScript - Stylus keyboard anywhere you would use the usual keyboard, exactly like you would select the Emoji keyboard. The keyboard is replaced with a handwriting scroll and you simply write in the scroll and it is converted to text in what ever app you are using the keyboard in.

There are other apps for creating text based notes from handwriting, but I liked this one because it can be used with any app.

Forgot to mention, it's free! 🙂

Jul 2, 2016 2:35 AM in response to hsitk

OK using Apple Pencil in this reply, it types letters in reply but cannot just sign or used Apple Pencil functions on iPad Pro?.

so what am I missing, need to download my scripts. App first then this will work?

yes to answer your question in your mind that maybe thinking to go to Apple support did and continue to try failed due to entering the s/n required by Apple for support fails to get me support due to apple claims this s/n number is not recognized.

interesting Apple makes new the knowledgeable devices that is invisible by Apple to see device using s/n entered.

therefore my simple solutions is to use any devices since stroke to be a human again. Apple senior advisor " said they emailed to me these solutions, them WHAM emails failed to work as screen pops up cannot get email, forcing me again to call Apple support that does not work after entering the s/n on Apple Pencil box I just purchased.

but you outstanding info and guidance is tremendous and greatly appreciated.

hunm cannot sign my name, but will try again.

How to write with Apple Pencil then convert to text (mac)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.