Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Random imap account appeared on iPhone

Hoping someone can help - a random imap account suddenly appeared on my iPhone recently! It is a minbox.email account and the description is "Who Will You Marry". When I check the account in my mail app, there is a bunch of junk. The account is an email address I do not recognize and there is no option to delete the account or even to delete the settings, i.e. user name, host name, etc. This is quite disturbing. Has anyone heard of this or have any ideas what to do?

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

I unknowingly accepted an app that ended up being a "minbox" mail drop account that added to my mail accounts. Could not delete through routine mail account deletion process. However, going to SETTINGS>GENERAL>PROFILE I was able to see the app name and delete it. The mail account IMAP was deleted.

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Jan 1, 2016 4:21 PM in response to kelly_t0 In response to kelly_t0

We had the same thing show up on my wife's phone, no idea how it got there. Assuming the kids clicked some malicious link. I did find how to delete it, under General settings there was a Profile called Who Will You Marry and I was able to delete it without affecting the phone setup and it also deleted the IMAP account.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies
Question marked as Helpful

Jan 1, 2016 4:21 PM in response to kelly_t0 In response to kelly_t0

We had the same thing show up on my wife's phone, no idea how it got there. Assuming the kids clicked some malicious link. I did find how to delete it, under General settings there was a Profile called Who Will You Marry and I was able to delete it without affecting the phone setup and it also deleted the IMAP account.

Jan 1, 2016 4:21 PM

Reply Helpful (11)
Question marked as Solved

Jan 16, 2016 5:37 PM in response to frankfromsunbury In response to frankfromsunbury

I unknowingly accepted an app that ended up being a "minbox" mail drop account that added to my mail accounts. Could not delete through routine mail account deletion process. However, going to SETTINGS>GENERAL>PROFILE I was able to see the app name and delete it. The mail account IMAP was deleted.

Jan 16, 2016 5:37 PM

Reply Helpful (36)

Aug 12, 2016 7:47 PM in response to kelly_t0 In response to kelly_t0

minbox was on my husband's iPad today. I spent close to an hour with 3 different support people on Apple Chat support to no avail. Went onto the net, asked Google about Apple Profiles because the mail box said it was from a profile and there were several people with same problem and a solution too! Profile and mailbox GONE.

Aug 12, 2016 7:47 PM

Reply Helpful (2)
User profile for user: kelly_t0

Question: Random imap account appeared on iPhone