Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photo Library stops uploading after a while, ideas?

Even after multiple reboots, log out/ins the library stops uploading after a while. I am running on a iMac 21,5 inch medio 2010 with El Capitan and Photos 1.3. I have a 200 GB icloud contract and my iphoto library is 183 GB.

I have not found a concrete solution to this problem in forums even with a lot of posts.

Thanks!

iMac 21,5 inch 500GB, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Dec 23, 2015 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2015 8:56 AM

The general answer is to leave it alone - every time you mess with it you slow things or even restart the process - usually if left alone to complete it will

You can make a smart album in Photos for Photo is unable to be uploaded to iCloud and see if there are problem items in the library

LN

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2015 8:56 AM in response to jrenders

The general answer is to leave it alone - every time you mess with it you slow things or even restart the process - usually if left alone to complete it will

You can make a smart album in Photos for Photo is unable to be uploaded to iCloud and see if there are problem items in the library

LN

Dec 23, 2015 9:01 AM in response to LarryHN

Thanks for the quick answer. I had left it alone for 48 hours the first time and it uploaded exactly 20 photos... So 36500 to go. Now it started of well this afternoon, a steady upload, now on 32.524 to go for the last 4 hours. I get it is a large amount of data, however you should get more progress than this I imagine. I'm not doing anything for the moment.

Regards, Joeri.

Dec 27, 2015 3:56 AM in response to LarryHN

Thanks! I have taken a look to the pictures which were not uploaded. I have added two screenshots to this post. The first picture IMG_6613 did upload and the second one IMG_6614 did not upload.

No idea why, the picture info is in the screenshot. Do you have any idea why one uploads and the other doesn't? First I thought it was the .jpg extensions in stead of .jpeg extension. However I saw many .jpg did upload.

Thanks again!User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iCloud Photo Library stops uploading after a while, ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.