Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery issues with iOS 9.1

I updated my iPhone5 to iOS 9.1 two weeks ago. I plugged my phone all night and when I checked it in the morning the battery was down to 5%. I have never had this problem before updating. Can someone please help me with this issue?

iPhone 5, iOS 9.1

Posted on Dec 24, 2015 5:00 AM

1 reply

Dec 25, 2015 2:24 PM in response to Community User

Hello there, Mblackstar14.

Sounds like your iPhone is not charging since you last updated your iPhone. The following Knowledge Base article offers some great and practical troubleshooting steps to review:

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Make sure you’re using Apple-certified accessories and the right power source.

If your battery is really low, you might see a black screen for a few minutes even after you plug it in. Let it charge for at least 10 minutes (20 minutes for iPad). If it still doesn’t charge, follow the steps below.

If the battery doesn’t charge

If the battery doesn’t charge, unplug your device and try these steps:

1. Look at the connector at the bottom of your device and make sure it’s free of debris.
  2. If you're using a USB power adapter, make sure it's plugged in all the way and the power outlet is working. If you're connecting to a computer, make sure it's on and can charge your device. To charge an iPad, you might need to use a USB power adapter and plug into a power outlet.
  3. Try a different USB cable, USB power adapter, or USB port.
  4. If everything seems to be working, reconnect your device and wait for 30 minutes.
  5. If your device still doesn’t charge, try to restart it while it's connected to power. If you can't restart, force your device to restart.

{...}

Get more help

If your device still doesn't charge or you still see an alert after trying the steps above, contact Apple Support.

Thanks for being a part of Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards.

Battery issues with iOS 9.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.