Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I have subtitles on FaceTime with IOS?

Dear, my wife have hearing problems but can read subtitles.

IF I can have subtitles on FaceTime, than I can communicate with her with face time.

iPhone 5, iOS 9.2

Posted on Dec 24, 2015 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2015 6:00 AM

Closed-captions are only available when there is a person translating from the spoken word to text. As such, it is not available via Face-Time or voice calls.

5 replies

Jan 1, 2016 3:16 PM in response to Benjamien

Have you thought of just using the Messages app on both devices? Thats one of the things that Messages is really good for: connecting two or more Apple devices. You could run both FaceTime and messages simultaneously. True, it's a bit clumsy, but until FaceTime adds a chat capability it will probably work out for you. I think it's worth a try!

mike

(going deaf)

Apr 2, 2016 5:21 AM in response to Benjamien

Checkout CaptionCall. I just got a phone for home and the iPad app. It requires approval, but is federally funded in the US. Free to a hearing impaired qualified user. EPIC LIFE changer! I am wearing HALO2 aids, i can stream to them from the iPad while using CaptionCall, a live person, in the us, captions the caller. I can't even describe how much this has improved my existence!

My audi faxed in an application, they contacted me via email, set an appointment up, tech came to my house installed the phone and app within 2 weeks.

No landline required, however the options for the caption phone was a blue tooth connection via my cell# or an IP phone with a pen IP # caption call gives you. I opted for the BT, which was a mistake, I can't wear my AIDS and use the captioning, since the iPhone can't be can cited to both devices. So I have to either turn off my AIDS or forget then on the phone and then re-pair. They are going to replace that setup with an IP phone. In the meantime I got an iPad with data sevice, I can now talk on the phone with captioning anywhere!!!

Can I have subtitles on FaceTime with IOS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.