Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is isight camera replacement program considered out of warranty?

I recently requested and express replacement service for my iPhone 6 plus, and the service costed me about 29 dollar because of the shipping fee, the phone is out of warranty, but there has been a isight recall program for models on the iPhone 6 plus and my phone is eligible and has a blurry camera, i went to the store first and they said they would replace the camera only, but not give me a brand new replacement, but the tech support on the phone said i could do a replacement, I'm am just worried that i have to pay the out of warranty fee of 429 dollars.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.2

Posted on Dec 24, 2015 8:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2015 6:58 AM

Hey Jafer,
The program only covers the camera. Take a look at the information below that covers the iSight Camera Replacement Program that details those specifics.

If your iPhone 6 Plus is producing blurry photos and falls into the eligible serial number range, Apple will replace your device's iSight camera, free of charge.
Note: If your iPhone 6 Plus has any damage such as a cracked screen which impairs the camera replacement, that issue will need to be resolved prior to service. In some cases, there may be a cost associated with the repair.

iSight Camera Replacement Program for iPhone 6 Plus
https://www.apple.com/support/iphone6plus-isightcamera/

Take it easy

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2015 6:58 AM in response to jaferfromancaster

Hey Jafer,
The program only covers the camera. Take a look at the information below that covers the iSight Camera Replacement Program that details those specifics.

If your iPhone 6 Plus is producing blurry photos and falls into the eligible serial number range, Apple will replace your device's iSight camera, free of charge.
Note: If your iPhone 6 Plus has any damage such as a cracked screen which impairs the camera replacement, that issue will need to be resolved prior to service. In some cases, there may be a cost associated with the repair.

iSight Camera Replacement Program for iPhone 6 Plus
https://www.apple.com/support/iphone6plus-isightcamera/

Take it easy

is isight camera replacement program considered out of warranty?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.