Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No place to put verification code on iPad 1 when trying to download app

MY iPad 1 says I need to put verification code to download an app, but doesnotgive me anyplace to do so in the app store.

iPad, iOS 5.1

Posted on Dec 25, 2015 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2017 11:38 AM

I know this is an old post but I just had the same problem and when I searched for a solution this thread came up. It looks like nobody replied to you with a solution but since I found one I thought I would post here in case someone else comes along and needs an answer. When I had the same issue the message actually said to enter the verification code, the one you are sent on a different device, directly after you type your password. So when I went back to my iPad 1 to sign into the App Store and had to put in my password I just typed the six number verification directly after I typed my password on the same line and it signed me back into the App Store on my old iPad. You were probably doing what I did which was looking for a separate place to enter the verification numbers but apparently you don’t have to - just type your password and immediately enter the six digit verification number that you are sent as if it is part of your password. I hope this helps someone.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2017 11:38 AM in response to tagout

I know this is an old post but I just had the same problem and when I searched for a solution this thread came up. It looks like nobody replied to you with a solution but since I found one I thought I would post here in case someone else comes along and needs an answer. When I had the same issue the message actually said to enter the verification code, the one you are sent on a different device, directly after you type your password. So when I went back to my iPad 1 to sign into the App Store and had to put in my password I just typed the six number verification directly after I typed my password on the same line and it signed me back into the App Store on my old iPad. You were probably doing what I did which was looking for a separate place to enter the verification numbers but apparently you don’t have to - just type your password and immediately enter the six digit verification number that you are sent as if it is part of your password. I hope this helps someone.

Dec 27, 2015 1:37 PM in response to deggie

I don't know how to do a screenshot on the iPad. After it asked for my password and I entered it, I got:

"An Apple ID verification code is requred to sign in. Type your password followed by the verification code shown on your other devices." "Cancel" "Retry"

If I do "Retry" I just get the "Apple ID Password" my email name, and a box to put the password. No place to put the verification code. This is the iPad 1, which has an operation system of 5.1. It cannot be upgraded any more.

No place to put verification code on iPad 1 when trying to download app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.