Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I no longer have disk utlity

i Stupidly deleted alot of files that obviously i needed for my mac i cant access

the "about this mac" and no longer have disk utility which i think i need in order to reset my mac completely

MacBook Air, iOS 9, unsure of my ios

Posted on Dec 26, 2015 1:16 AM

2 replies

Dec 26, 2015 11:38 AM in response to Ghostmarek

I hope you learned your lesson. I suggest you get an external hd. You should turn on timemachine or do a complete backup of your hd.

I do not know what ports you have on your machine, but avoid usb2.0. It's too slow.

Give these guys a call. I bought this drive.

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other%20World%20Computing/ME3QH7T1.0/?utm_source= google&utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_campaign=googlebase&gclid=CN_LpIuj-skCFYEfH wod3JwH7w

Carbon Copy Cloner will copy your startup drive to an external firewire drive. You can boot from the external drive to verify that you have a good clone. When you upgrade your existing startup drive, you can at any time boot from your external drive and go back to your existing system.

http://www.bombich.com/software/ccc.html

SuperDuper is the wildly acclaimed program that makes recovery painless, because it makes creating a fully bootable backup painless. Its incredibly clear, friendly interface is understandable, easy to use, and SuperDuper's built-in scheduler makes it trivial to back up automatically. And it runs beautifully on both Intel and Power PC Macs!

I suggest you look into recover mode, once you have your important files backed up at a minimum.

command + r and see what options are available to restore your system.

poweroff machine. press command + r wait until your in recover mode. release command + r

no longer have disk utility which i think i need in order to reset my mac completely

command + r has a copy of disk utility for your use [ I think ]

R

I no longer have disk utlity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.