Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restore from itunes backup

Dear All,

before taking any other strong solution for my battery, i'm going to restore my Iphone 5 from itunes backup.

I only ask a simple question. I've stored inside a third party app (iSecret) some videos that are hidden.

Will my backup from itunes restore also my hiddens file inside iSecrets?

MacBook, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Dec 26, 2015 7:22 AM

1 reply

Dec 26, 2015 9:30 AM in response to AFTD

3rd party data is included in an iTunes backup, but, just to make sure, check the app or the developers webpage, incase there are other ways to backup the app.

iTunes backups

From your Mac or PC, you can make a backup of your device in iTunes. Syncing your device with your computer isn't the same as making a backup.

An iTunes backup includes nearly all of your device's data and settings. An iTunes backup doesn't include:

• Content from the iTunes and App Stores, or PDFs downloaded directly to iBooks (You can back up this content using Transfer Purchases in iTunes.)
  • Content synced from iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
  • Photos already stored in the cloud, like My Photo Stream, and iCloud Photo Library
  • Touch ID settings
  • Apple Pay information and settings
  • Activity, Health, and Keychain data (To back up this content, you'll need to use Encrypted Backup in iTunes.)

copied from: About backups in iCloud and iTunes

restore from itunes backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.