Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What version of Bootcamp do I need?

Hi,

I've got a Macbook Pro late 2013/mid 2014 (model A1398) running Windows 7. I got a set of Jaybird X2 Bluetooth headphones for Christmas that I've been trying to get to work. I've been completely unsuccessful. I'm able to pair the headphones but there are about four drivers missing and there's no sound.

The Jaybird website doesn't have drivers. They say I need to get the latest drivers from http:\\support.apple.com. I decided that I'd try downloading the latest Bootcamp drivers. That's where I've run into problem.

From what I can tell, the latest Bootcamp software for Windows 7 on my macbook is (5.1.5640). I download it and tried to run setup but I get a message that the software is not for my model of computer. I booted up to OSX and let it decide what version of Bootcamp to install and I get the same error message from that.

Does anyone know what version of Bootcamp I need to download to get the latest drivers?

Posted on Dec 26, 2015 9:56 AM

21 replies

Dec 26, 2015 12:18 PM in response to Kappy

Kappy,

I've spent hours going through the Bootcamp support site. I've downloaded multiple versions of Bootcamp that looked like the correct one based on the Windows 7 Bootcamp instructions but wouldn't install. The original Bootcamp drivers and Boot Camp assistant does not work fine. As I mentioned, I used it to download yet another copy of Bootcamp that will still not install because it's not for my computer;

User uploaded file

Posting a generic Bootcamp support links really doesn't help. If you've got something specific, I'd really appreciate it but posting generic links like I'm some kind of newbie who hasn't tried to figure out the answer BEFORE i posted my question is just insulting and unhelpful. I've found many links about people who were having similar issues with Bluetooth headphones on Windows. None of their solutions worked for me. If you don't have a specific answer, please don't post a reply.

Sorry but I'm already feeling very frustrated.

Dec 26, 2015 12:39 PM in response to Allan Eckert

Sorry Allen, I do understand you're a volunteer. I also understand that you're genuinely trying to help. The Bluetooth lint comment was intended as good-natured ribbing. I figured you were trying a quick reply and just forgot that the question was about a Bluetooth comment. If I offended you, I apologize.

Being a volunteer however doesn't justify being condescending. I came here for help and Kappy's response wasn't at all helpful. He says he has a specific answer. If that's true then he decided not to give it because in his mind, I hadn't tried enough. After all, the answer is "obvious". So he wasn't actually trying to help, he was either trying to make himself feel important or he was trying to teach me to RTFM so to speak. Neither of those were helpful.

Dec 26, 2015 3:29 PM in response to Loner T

Hi Loner T,

The model ID is MacbookPro10,1

I reset the SMC controller and the NVRAM. Unfortunately it I'm still getting the invalid model message when I try to run Bootcamp.

I'm using Windows 7 Pro. It's not the Enterprise version but I did download it from my MSDN subscription. It's possible that could be part of the problem since it's not the "Retail" version. I tried to search for that as an issue but the only thing that came up was directed towards installing Windows. I've already got Windows installed and running. I'm just trying to get newer drivers that (I hope) will support the newer Bluetooth protocols.

Do you know of any other ways to get updated Bluetooth drivers? I've been able to update other things like the NVidia and Eithernet drivers by downloading them directly from the manufacturers. I was able to find a program on Broadcom's site that's supposed to enable the newer Bluetooth features. It's called the WIDCOMM software. It doesn't seem to work with the "Apple Broadcom" Bluetooth device on the Macbook. When you run it, it first tries to find a Bluetooth device. It wasn't able to find either my new Jaybird headphones or my old Bose Bluetooth speaker set. I don't think it's able to access the Bluetooth radio on the Macbook pro even though the chip is supposed to be supported. Since it can't find any Bluetooth devices, it never gets to the next steps of updating the drivers.

The information on the chip is hard to come by but as near as I can tell, It's the Broadcom BCM20702.

Thank again for your help.

Dec 27, 2015 1:53 AM in response to jgold1957

From How to identify MacBook Pro models - Apple Support, MavBookPOr 10,1 is

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013) MacBookPro10,1

ME664xx/A

ME665xx/A

15.4"/2.4 Quad-core i7/8GB/256GB-Flash

15.4"/2.7 Quad-core i7/16GB/512GB-Flash

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012) MacBookPro10,1

MC975xx/A

MC976xx/A

15.4"/2.3 Quad-core i7/8GB/256GB-Flash

15.4"/2.6 Quad-core i7/8GB/512GB-Flash

From Install Windows 7 and earlier on your Mac using Boot Camp - Apple Support ,

MacBook Pro

Mac model Windows 7 64-bit Windows 7 32-bit Windows Vista 64-bit Windows Vista 32-bit Windows XP 32-bit
MacBook Pro
(Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)
5 - - - -
MacBook Pro
(Retina, Mid 2012)
5 4 - - -

The models require Boot Camp Support Software 5.1.5621,

Post Date: Feb 11, 2014

File Size: 924.9 MB

System Requirements

• MacBook Air (11-inch & 13-inch, Mid 2011)
  • MacBook Air (11-inch & 13-inch, Mid 2012)
  • MacBook Pro (15-inch & 17-inch, Mid 2010)
  • MacBook Pro (13-inch, & 15-inch, Early 2011)
  • MacBook Pro (17-inch, Early 2011)
  • MacBook Pro (13-inch,15-inch & 17-inch Late 2011)
  • MacBook Pro (13-inch & 15-inch, Mid 2012)
  • MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)
  • MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012)
  • MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch and 15-inch, Early 2013)
  • Mac Pro (Early 2009)
  • Mac Pro (Mid 2010)
  • Mac Pro (Mid 2012)
  • Mac mini (Mid 2011)
  • Mac mini (Late 2012)
  • iMac (27-inch, Mid 2010)
  • iMac (21.5-inch & 27-inch, Mid 2011)
  • iMac (21.5-inch & 27-inch, Late 2012)
  • iMac (21.5-inch) Early 2013
  • Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1, 64 bit

From Boot Camp Support Software 5.1.5640,

Post Date: Feb 11, 2014

File Size: 925.6 MB

System Requirements

• MacBook Air (11-inch & 13-inch, Early 2014)
  • MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch & 15-inch, Mid 2014)
  • MacBook Air (11-inch & 13-inch, Mid 2013)
  • MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch & 15-inch, Late 2013)
  • Mac Pro (Late 2013)
  • iMac (21.5-inch & 27-inch, Late 2013)
  • Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1, 64 bit

is unsupported on your specific model. This explains the error you see. Please download 5.1.5621 and test. Please verify the Product Version in Bootcamp.xml and ensure that you have the correct version.

What version of Bootcamp do I need?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.