Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch will not allow me to turn passcode off

I have followed the instructions in the user guide but in both the watch app on my phone and in the settings on the watch itself, "turn passcode off" is greyed out and the only active option is "change passcode". Has anyone else had this issue?

Apple Watch Sport 38mm, watchOS 1.0.1

Posted on Dec 26, 2015 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2015 1:09 PM

This is very helpful - thanks so much! I do have a passcode requirement on my phone in order to access work email, so that explains it.

3 replies

Dec 26, 2015 1:09 PM in response to apaper108

If the Turn Passcode Off button is greyed out, passcode restrictions are likely enforced on the iPhone (via a corporate configuration profile, mobile device management or Exchange policy).

Where passcode restrictions are set on a managed iPhone, they also affect Apple Watch. In such cases, it will not therefore be possible to turn off the watch's passcode.

If your iPhone is managed in this way, contact your device administrator for further information and help.

More information:

If you forgot the passcode for your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apple watch will not allow me to turn passcode off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.