Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5th generation iPod touch won't connect to Apple ID server.

a message pops up when trying to sign in to iCloud that says verification error cannot connect to Apple ID server

iPod touch

Posted on Dec 26, 2015 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2017 7:07 PM

I am giving it one last try. I've tried the suggestions above. I hooked up to iTunes and it said there was a software update (even though it was the current version) according to the device. I'm going to update the software then restore and hopefully it will allow me to sign in with the apple id. I'm so frustrated I could scream right now.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2017 7:07 PM in response to BrianaGrunewald

I am giving it one last try. I've tried the suggestions above. I hooked up to iTunes and it said there was a software update (even though it was the current version) according to the device. I'm going to update the software then restore and hopefully it will allow me to sign in with the apple id. I'm so frustrated I could scream right now.

Dec 26, 2015 12:30 PM in response to BrianaGrunewald

Could be an Apple problem. But you can try:

- Can you sign in on another device?

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Power off and then back on your router

.- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Jan 16, 2016 6:59 PM in response to lllaass

My niece is having the same issue on her iPod 5g.

I have no idea how to bypass this.

I cannot restore her iPod for her without entering her Apple ID and Password and when we do we receive error Verification Failed: Error connecting to the Apple ID server.

Already reset the iPod multiple times and tried to do a complete restore on the iPod itself as well as connecting to iTunes and restoring/updating. Nothing is allowing her iPod to connect to the Apple servers.

My iPad 2, my sister's iPhone 5s and my Mom's iPad mini 2 are all working fine.

May 5, 2016 3:10 PM in response to lllaass

Hey I tried all that as well. ipod has wrong date and time. Won't let me reset anything because it "can't connect to Apple ID server" I have an ipad and iPhone on same wifi and they work fine, it's been like this since that newest update, like in febuary, then I tru to connect it to my laptop to manually reset through iTunes and it won't work or reset either. I can still use the safari on Ipod and pull up websites. It makes me click "allow" for every single page I go to saying its an unverified server or something. Terrible to know that even when you do take care of your technology Apple still managed to find a way to screw me over. so is my device broken? I live in a small town, my nearest Apple store is 2+ hours away. I don't get why I can't reset it from home on my laptop or on the ipod itself. Will they charge me to fix it if I do make the long drive? This Is awful. Can I get some kinda Apple technician to comment please?

5th generation iPod touch won't connect to Apple ID server.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.