Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why do i need permission to download apps

when i download certain apps it says that i need to send a request to my parents to download the app. The only problem is that this account is in no way connected to my parents. How do i stop this from happening? this only happened after i got a new phone shipped to me from apple.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2

Posted on Dec 27, 2015 12:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2015 12:16 PM

Greetings Tanner.cardell,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

From your question, I understand that you are not able to download certain apps without getting parents permission. This sounds like you are part of Family Sharing and the family organizer has the Ask to Buy feature turned on.

To check and see if you are part of a Family Sharing group, use the instructions in the following article.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

For more information on Ask to Buy, please refer to the next article.

Request and make purchases with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2015 12:16 PM in response to Tanner.cardell

Greetings Tanner.cardell,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

From your question, I understand that you are not able to download certain apps without getting parents permission. This sounds like you are part of Family Sharing and the family organizer has the Ask to Buy feature turned on.

To check and see if you are part of a Family Sharing group, use the instructions in the following article.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

For more information on Ask to Buy, please refer to the next article.

Request and make purchases with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

Have a great day!

why do i need permission to download apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.