Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to access (1) iPod nano (3) new iPod shuffles to one PC. How can I do this?

Each of my kids just got an iPod shuffle for Christmas. I want them each to access iTunes with their own account from one PC. I would also like to keep my own iTunes account active on the same PC. What is the best way to accomplish this?

iPod shuffle, Windows 7

Posted on Dec 27, 2015 10:49 AM

3 replies

Dec 27, 2015 4:05 PM in response to Pfromks

When you say "their own account," does that mean each kid has their own Windows user account on the PC? Or are you using your one user account (and one iTunes library) to load the iPods for them? The answer for the "best way" depends on factors, such as age of children and their ability to perform the task themselves.

NOTE: iTunes account is your Apple ID (what you use to buy/download stuff from iTunes Store). What iPods sync from is the computer's iTunes library. iTunes account is not the same thing as iTunes library.

Jan 11, 2016 7:57 PM in response to Kenichi Watanabe

Each of 3 kids has their own apple ID to sign into iTunes, from their own Windows user account on the same PC. I have set up Family Sharing. There is a credit on each apple ID via redeemed iTunes gift cards. One child purchased songs from the iTunes Store, and I was notified to approve each purchase as admin for the Family Sharing, but the songs did not download and nothing was charged to the credit balance or to my CC on file. Any ideas?

Jan 11, 2016 8:40 PM in response to Pfromks

I just read your other post on this subject.

There is nothing but the few random songs that were included on the shuffle that we did not purchase or download.

Not sure what that's about, since there are no songs that come included with purchase of a shuffle. Perhaps your kids downloaded some free "songs of the week" from iTunes Store.

Having store credit on the kids' Apple ID (via gift card) may not work with Family Sharing. If their purchase is paid using your Apple ID, will their own store credit every be used? Is the system smart enough to use their store credit first, before asking you for permission to buy and charge your Apple ID? I don't know. Please post back to let other users here know how it works in practice.

If the songs in question were actually purchased, it should appear on the Purchased screen in iTunes. You can see their Purchased screen while being signed in as you. Click your name at the top of the iTunes window, and select Family Purchases. On the your Purchased screen, next to where it says "Purchased," your first name is shown. Click your name there, and select the family member with this question. Set this Purchased screen to show Music, All, and Songs. Are those purchased songs shown there? If they are shown there, but that family member never downloaded them, he or she can log in to their Windows user account, run iTunes (and sign in), go to their Purchased screen, and download the songs into their iTunes library.

If they are not shown there on Purchased screen (and you did not see a deduction or charge anywhere), the purchase was not made. I don't know why the purchase did not happen, but you may want to try it again.

NOTE: When an iTunes Store charge is to a credit card, there may be a short delay (even one or two days) between the purchase and the charge. This is probably because iTunes Store wants to consolidate purchases (as much as possible), instead of charging your credit card for multiple "99¢" (or $1.29) charges.

I need to access (1) iPod nano (3) new iPod shuffles to one PC. How can I do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.