Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

want to upgrade my browser? how do i do this? i have macbook pro os x 10.5.8

how do i update my browser? i have a macbook pro os x version 10.5.8.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Dec 27, 2015 2:55 PM

4 replies

Dec 27, 2015 3:00 PM in response to bennie115

If you’re using Safari, check for updates in the Software Update pane of System Preferences; this won’t update Safari past 5.0.6 on Mac OS X 10.5.8. If you’re using a different web browser, open its menus and look for an option to check for updates.

If you need a newer web browser than the one the above methods get you, you need to upgrade the computer’s OS or switch to a different one.

(137713)

Dec 27, 2015 3:28 PM in response to bennie115

Choose About this Mac from the Apple menu and check the processor.

If it's a Core Duo Mac, clickhere, install the DVD, and run Software Update.

If it's a Core 2 Duo or better Mac, upgrade it as if it was a Core Duo Mac, and once done, if desired, open the Mac App Store and try downloading El Capitan. If you get told that it's incompatible with your computer, go to the online Apple Store and order a download code for Lion 10.7.

Mac OS X 10.7 and newer don't support PowerPC software such as Microsoft Office 2004. If you upgrade the OS, back up the computer first.

If your Mac model can’t be upgraded past 10.6.8 or 10.7.5, you’ll likely need to switch browsers.

(137717)

want to upgrade my browser? how do i do this? i have macbook pro os x 10.5.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.