Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 6 Screen Freezes even after iOS 9.2 update

I have read every post on the thread "iPhone 6 freezes after iOS 9 Update" and tried EVERY possible option mentioned in the thread, including taking the phone to the iPhone "geniuses" (ha! What gumption) and after 3 months of run around they have given me, the problem still remains. It is December 28th and I first started noticing symptoms appox when iOS 9 came out in late Sept.

Apple won't admit that they should be recalling all these phones but that's the right thing to do. My 1 yr warranty expired in November and now I am SOL.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1, drastic battery decline on 4S

Posted on Dec 28, 2015 4:36 AM

3 replies

Dec 28, 2015 4:40 AM in response to anjuman2

Try to reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on this device.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

If this does not help, restore your device to factory settings. Note that this will erase the data from your device.

Take a look this Apple Support article: Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support.

Jan 13, 2016 10:05 AM in response to anjuman2

Yup had this issue too. Went to the Apple store and argued that it was a 9.x issue instead of a hardware issue. They were trying to charge me $300 to replace my phone since it was passed the warranty. Eventually they replaced my phone when I demanded they give me back iOS 8.x since it didn't have an issue. I was very appreciative...

One of the things he did to prove it was hardware was that he slightly twisted the phone, or flex the phone, just slightly though. After he did it the screen started responding. I don't recommend that this is the solution - juts try to see if that works, and if so try getting a new phone.

It still happens once in awhile to my new (refurbished of course) phone but a little flex fixes the problem without a restart about 90% of the time...

IPhone 6 Screen Freezes even after iOS 9.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.