Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot find itunes match on on my windows 10 pc

my Vista PC died and no way to recover the files so want to download my library from iTunes match to my new computer. However I cannot see any way to enable iTunes match on my windows 10 pc

Mac mini, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 28, 2015 2:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2015 8:59 AM

Hi there raysincar,

It sounds like you need to turn on iTunes Match on your new computer. This section of the following article should help you do that:

Use iTunes Match on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or your computer

On a Mac or PC

If you're using iTunes 12.3 or later, iTunes Match turns on automatically the first time you sign into iTunes on a new computer with the Apple ID that you use for iTunes Match.

If you need to turn on iTunes Match manually, change your iCloud Music Library settings using these steps:

1. Open iTunes. Make sure you have the latest version.
  2. Click Sign In, and then enter the Apple ID and password that you use for iTunes Match.
    User uploaded file
  3. Mac: From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose iTunes > Preferences.
    Windows: Hold down the Control and B keys on your keyboard to turn on the iTunes menu bar, then choose iTunes > Preferences. Learn more about menus in iTunes for Windows.
  4. Click the General tab, then select iCloud Music Library.
    User uploaded file

After you sign in with the Apple ID and password that you use with iTunes Match and turn on iCloud Music Library, iTunes matches and uploads your library. You can watch the progress of the matching and uploading in the upper-right corner of iTunes, and you can pause and resume this process at any time.

When iTunes is done, your matched and uploaded music appears in iTunes in the My Music tab. A download icon User uploaded file appears next to any content that's in your iCloud Music Library and not on your computer.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2015 8:59 AM in response to raysincar

Hi there raysincar,

It sounds like you need to turn on iTunes Match on your new computer. This section of the following article should help you do that:

Use iTunes Match on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or your computer

On a Mac or PC

If you're using iTunes 12.3 or later, iTunes Match turns on automatically the first time you sign into iTunes on a new computer with the Apple ID that you use for iTunes Match.

If you need to turn on iTunes Match manually, change your iCloud Music Library settings using these steps:

1. Open iTunes. Make sure you have the latest version.
  2. Click Sign In, and then enter the Apple ID and password that you use for iTunes Match.
    User uploaded file
  3. Mac: From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose iTunes > Preferences.
    Windows: Hold down the Control and B keys on your keyboard to turn on the iTunes menu bar, then choose iTunes > Preferences. Learn more about menus in iTunes for Windows.
  4. Click the General tab, then select iCloud Music Library.
    User uploaded file

After you sign in with the Apple ID and password that you use with iTunes Match and turn on iCloud Music Library, iTunes matches and uploads your library. You can watch the progress of the matching and uploading in the upper-right corner of iTunes, and you can pause and resume this process at any time.

When iTunes is done, your matched and uploaded music appears in iTunes in the My Music tab. A download icon User uploaded file appears next to any content that's in your iCloud Music Library and not on your computer.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

cannot find itunes match on on my windows 10 pc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.