Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Key signature not allowing a specific key

I'm recording a song in Eb major, and I'd like to be able to use loops / the score editor. When I try to select Eb major in the key signature dropdown, Logic selects Ab minor. I've tested this in multiple projects, and have restarted Logic, and it still occurs. Other key signatures can be selected without a problem. Any idea what's going on here? Or, has anybody else experienced this problem?

Logic Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Dec 28, 2015 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2015 2:40 PM

It is a visual bug in the control display only. It affects both Eb and Ab ( as I recall). You can use it to set your key signature and it will correctly set your project to what you selected ( as evident in the global tracks, the score and the event list) - however after selecting it in the control display, it will reflect the incorrect key signature, but only in the display.

Apple is aware of this issue and I suspect will be corrected in the next release. For now - you can just ignore it. Use the score or the event list - when you want to verify or change the key signature.

Again - when you select Eb ( you have selected a key of Eb at the position of the playhead) - even though the control display will indicate Abm.

( open the event list ->signature tab and you will see this, OR open the score editor and you will see the Eb).

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2015 2:40 PM in response to splatplat

It is a visual bug in the control display only. It affects both Eb and Ab ( as I recall). You can use it to set your key signature and it will correctly set your project to what you selected ( as evident in the global tracks, the score and the event list) - however after selecting it in the control display, it will reflect the incorrect key signature, but only in the display.

Apple is aware of this issue and I suspect will be corrected in the next release. For now - you can just ignore it. Use the score or the event list - when you want to verify or change the key signature.

Again - when you select Eb ( you have selected a key of Eb at the position of the playhead) - even though the control display will indicate Abm.

( open the event list ->signature tab and you will see this, OR open the score editor and you will see the Eb).

Key signature not allowing a specific key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.