Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot restrictions code. I i do disable restrictions code ?

iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Dec 29, 2015 4:50 AM

44 replies

Sep 25, 2017 7:08 AM in response to Teresaj1981

Teresaj1981 wrote:

Don't be so snappy, we are not as tech savvy as some. Thank you kindly for your help. It is very much appreciated. Tone the snapping Down. Your very smart and we need great input as you have. Wish I was as smart as you are in technology. Not my game I always worked with Management in Medical

Trying to ascertain where the problem in understanding the thread lies is not "snappy". Without knowing where and why they had a problem with the answers already provided, it's hard to move forward.

Oct 3, 2017 11:56 PM in response to Lexiepex

Ok so everyone agrees this is a pain no matter how many times we ask the same question. I'm upgrading from a 6S Plus to an 8. Somehow that restriction got on my 6. If I chose to set up my 8 as a new phone, is there a way to download content such as contacts, notes, etc? My email is exchange so that shouldn't be any big deal once it syncs with my @outlook Exchange account. Am I on the right track as far as being able to find and download specific info from my 6 to my new 8? What am I missing?

Thanks!

Oct 4, 2017 7:39 AM in response to Suzrgamer65

The "somehow" is that either you or someone who had physical possession of your phone enabled Restrictions. That is the only way it will ever ask for a Restrictions passcode.

The easiest way to preserve most content is to sync it to iCloud (this is not the same as backing up to iCloud). To do this, on the 6S+ open the Settings app, tap on your name at the top, then iCloud. Turn on switches for everything that you want to sync. Once you have done this wait a while for it all to sync to iCloud, anything from a few minutes to a couple of hours, depending on how much content you have and the speed of your connection.

Once it is complete you can view your content online by logging in to https://icloud.com using your Apple ID. You can also sync it to your computer. On a Mac, go to the  menu, Preferences, iCloud. On Windows (7 or later) you can install the iCloud app.

When you get the new phone and set it up as New and log in to iCloud the content that you synced will appear on the new phone as if by magic. If you want to disable Restrictions on the new phone you will have to set it up as New, without restoring a backup. You will then have to manually install your music using iTunes on your computer or the iTunes store app. You can install apps using the App Store app; in the App Store tap in your image or the icon in the upper right, then tap on Purchased, My Purchases (if it is shown), then Not on this iPhone. You can select the apps you want reinstalled. This would be a good time to review your apps and see if you still need or want them all.

Oct 14, 2017 8:11 AM in response to mahisindra

mahisindra wrote:

I WANA MY RESTRICTION PASSCODE

Well, since you are the only one that could have created it, then you should already have it. If you are saying that you have forgotten it, then the only way to deal with that has been answered multiple times in this thread. The Restrictions passcode only exists on your device. There is no way for anyone, especially Apple to get it. You have to restore your device to factory and set it up as new.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.