Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 10810 Remote Disk

Hello,

I have an Error 10810 Finder Cannot be opened. I looked through all the threads and nothing has helped.

At work one of the computers disk drives would not read. Searching for a solution I found using Remote Disk so we could use the disk drive on another computer. Since Remote Disk was an option on computers that already have a disk drive I found a post where in terminal you can enter two lines to generate the Remote Disk. I tried it on the computer with the working drive and it worked great. When I entered it on the other computer, after restarting, Finder was no longer working with the error 10810. This also creates an issue where applications will not run without finder.

We tried using Time Machine to go back and it still does not working, force quitting Finder but it doesn't show, using terminal to reinstate launch, searching for a looping process, starting in safe mode, etc...

We use an application that requires us to not upgrade to the latest OS so we cannot try updating OS to fix this.

The two lines of code put into terminal where:

defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser EnableODiskBrowsing -bool true
defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser ODSSupported -bool true

What I think happened was a put first line in terminal, hit enter, then entered the second line, never hitting enter and restarting computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Dec 29, 2015 6:39 AM

There are no replies.

Error 10810 Remote Disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.