Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't backup iPad, iPhone5 or iPhone6 after iOS 9.2 update

My wife has for some time needed to reset her iPad to scratch because it is getting slow. Therefore I took backup of her pictures to the computer the other day and removed the iCloud photo backup to make room for the backup of the content on the iPad. I updated to iOS 9.2 this I shouldn't have done since after this none of her phones and the iPad won't backup. There is sufficient space on iCloud since the old backups are deleted. But it keep saying right at the end of the backup cycle that there is not enough space available and that I should upgrade the storage plan or delete content. Nevertheless when I look into iCloud it tells that 1.5 GB is in use from backup, but I can't delete the older backups here, anyway that leaves me with 3.5 GBs free space.

Please help

iPad 2, iOS 9.2

Posted on Dec 29, 2015 6:20 AM

6 replies

Dec 30, 2015 12:13 PM in response to Levemanden

Howdy Levemanden,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you're seeing a storage capacity related alert when attempting to backup your iOS devices to iCloud. The article below provides a lot of great information and troubleshooting tips that should help you resolve the issue backing up the devices to iCloud.

Get help backing up your device in iCloud - Apple Support

Cheers.

Dec 31, 2015 4:55 AM in response to Eric Root

Thank you for the tips! I've tried to log in/out of the iCloud account three times now, I've deleted the old backup after numerous messages telling me the backup couldn't be deleted. After the wheel stopped turning it says that next backup size is 5.4 GB, though the total size of photo album and stored apps only accumulates to 1.9 GB. It seems like something in the iOS is corrupt making it multiply the accumulated size of the content on the iPad with a factor three.

Is there any other solution to this issue or is the last solution to backup via iTunes?

Jan 1, 2016 5:16 PM in response to Levemanden

You are welcome. If the above didn't fix it, try iTunes until this bug gets fixed.

Send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem solved sooner.

Feedback

Or you can use your Apple ID to register with this site and go the Apple BugReporter. Supposedly you will get an answer if you submit feedback.

Feedback via Apple Developer

Can't backup iPad, iPhone5 or iPhone6 after iOS 9.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.