Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you turn off screensaver while playing music?

While using the Pandora app (or other music related apps) is there a way to automatically disable the screensaver so I can see the album being played (along with it's track info and cover art)? In the Settings menu, I have set the screensaver to be off while playing music but it seems to come on anyway (except when using the Apple Music app).

Apple TV 3-OTHER

Posted on Dec 29, 2015 10:41 AM

3 replies

Mar 29, 2016 5:20 PM in response to micj

I was surprised to see that there aren't more posts regarding this bug. I'm having the same issue with Pandora in addition to radio apps and the Plex app when playing music. As you pointed out, only Apple's own music apps prevent the screen saver from starting if set to do so. Also, if you play music on Pandora long enough to reach the Sleep setting in Settings/General/Sleep, the Apple TV will go to sleep, even though music is playing. I've increased the time for automatic sleep to 5 hours.

I'm hoping Apple will address this bug in the next release.

Can you turn off screensaver while playing music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.