Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6 won't compress videos

Since I foolishly installed the 9.2 update on my iPhone 6, my videos no longer will compress, making them impractical (or rather, virtually impossible) to e-mail in a timely way. This is a huge takeaway. I thought it was a bug, but after spending hours on the phone with Apple Support, and going to a Genius Bar, where i received a new phone, I have realized this was done on purpose. I'm finding it hard to believe. Does anybody have a fix for this? Other than restoring 9.1 or finding another phone manufacturer? If Apple engineering really did take away its simple way of emailing videos, I hope it restores this feature. Pronto. I also hope that I'm missing something, that this nightmarish development can be made to go away. Help!

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2

Posted on Dec 29, 2015 10:22 AM

1 reply

Dec 29, 2015 12:35 PM in response to HSG85

I found an effective fix that someone suggested. I have two e-mail accounts. It doesn't work with the white (G-Mail?) account, but it works with the blue icon email account. After opening a new email, you can hold your finger down. You get ``Select/select all/quote level'' and an arrow for more choices. Tap the arrow and there is an option to ``insert photo or video.'' This will compress the video. It's a lot more steps than the old way. But it works. I am still not at all happy with Apple for creating this video-compress problem. But as long as they don't close this loophole, and as long as I don't lose this blue e-mail Icon. . .

My iPhone 6 won't compress videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.