Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac automatically converts my raw images into jpegs when i move them from photos?

I have been taking raw images, when I drag and drop them into photos they remain a raw image, showing as .CR2 between 25-30MB. As soon as I try to move them to either another folder, desktop or try to open them with another programme like photoshop they are turned automatically into jpegs? how do i stop this? Im stuck, hope someone can help

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Dec 29, 2015 12:30 PM

5 replies

Dec 29, 2015 1:23 PM in response to Vonni1987

The Photos.app is relatively new and the communication with external editors has changed. You can edit in external editors, if they provide a photo edting extension for Photos, for example Affinity Photos offers such extension. Or DXO Optics Pro for Photos has extensions to edit and develope RAW files in the Photos Library. We have to wait until Photoshop has been updated to support Photos with extensions. Look at the AppStore.

My Mac automatically converts my raw images into jpegs when i move them from photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.