Related Article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new album created in iPhoto is not showing up in iTunes when i am syncing my phone?

i created a new photo album in iPhoto and that album is not showing up in iTunes under photos when i am syncing my phone. also one album has 836 photos but in iTunes when i am syncing that same album shows that there is only 736 photos...why are the new photos not being added?

thanks

iMac, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Dec 29, 2015 4:03 PM

6 replies

Dec 29, 2015 4:40 PM in response to iam4iu

It is this part of the document, that describes how to open the iPhoto Library in the Finder and to remove the iPod Photo Cache:

Quit IPhoto, if it is running, before you try that.

If you're syncing from a Photos, iPhoto, or Aperture library, use the steps below to find the iPod Photo Cache folder in its default location:

1. From Finder, choose Go > Home from the menu bar at the top of your computer screen. If you moved your Photos Library, iPhoto Library, or Aperture Library to a different location, go to that location instead.
  2. Open the Pictures folder and locate the Photos Library, iPhoto Library, or Aperture Library file.
  3. Control- or right-click the file, and then choose Show Package Contents from the pop-up menu.
  4. In the window that opens, click on and drag the iPod Photo Cache folder to the Trash.
    Don't remove or modify any other file within the library package. Removing or modifying other files might cause data loss.
  5. Close the window.

Dec 30, 2015 12:03 AM in response to iam4iu

.i have 836 photos in one album and only 804 are syncing. i am using Version 1.3 (350.23.0)

Is there an error message?

What is the format of the photos that do not sync? Verify that photos are in a compatible format.

On a Mac, these file formats will sync from your iPhoto Library to your device: JPG, JPEG, TIFF, PICT, GIF, PNG, JPG2000 or JP2, PSD, SGI, and BMP.

Photos without extensions may not appear on your device.

new album created in iPhoto is not showing up in iTunes when i am syncing my phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.