Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Grayed out ipod 6

When I was on my ipod it died so I charged it but then when I got back on the wifi box was grayed out I tried reseting my network settings but still did not work is there anyway u can help me with this?

iPod touch, iOS 9.2, wifi promblem

Posted on Dec 29, 2015 9:08 PM

2 replies

Dec 29, 2015 9:35 PM in response to malikmeade123

Hi,

I see your problem is that your iPod died, and you charged it. Then when you got back on the wifi box, it was grayed out. You even tried to reset your network settings, and your problem is still their.

Basic troubleshooting notes

• Make sure your router is on, and you're in range of it.
  • Check all of your modems cables and connections
  • Once you've done the following steps (below) try resetting your network settings again if you're still having problems too.

First

Make sure you're running the latest iOS version. If you're not, then you can update it. If you need help, here's a link written by Apple that gives you clear instructions: Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Once you've checked your device is up to date, or finished updating it, try connecting to your internet connection again. If not, go onto the second step.

Second

Try restarting your iPhone.

• Press and hold on the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears
  • Drag the red slider to completely power off your iPhone
  • Once the iPhone is off, press and hold on the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.

Once you've tried these steps, try checking to see if you can connect to your internet connection. If not, go on to the third step.

Third

As a last resort, you can try force restarting your iPhone to see if that helps.

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Once you've done this, check to see if you can connect to your internet connection again.

I hope this helps,

🙂

Dec 30, 2015 1:07 AM in response to malikmeade123

See:

iOS: Wi-Fi or Bluetooth settings grayed out or dim

One user reported that placing the iPod in the freezer fixed the problem.

Also heating sometimes works. See:

Why can't I select my wifi settings?

A trick that works frequently with iPhones:

Settings > AirPlane Mode ON, Do Not Disturb ON

Power down and wait 5-10 minutes

Power up

Settings > AirPlane Mode OFF, Do Not Disturb OFF

If not successful, an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is usually in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Grayed out ipod 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.