Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Chapter Selection gone from new AppleTV 4th Gen! WHY? And no fast scroll thru lists of movies anymore?!?

I have 1st and 3rd gen appleTVs and have enjoyed them and still have them active in my home. When I rip my DVD collection, I have included the chapters with names and everything. It's nice to be able to jump to a chapter when looking for a spot after falling asleep during a movie. With the new 4th Gen AppleTV I got for christmas, I can't find a way to activate the screen to choose a chapter. I can't even push or slide down on the new remote, like on the old silver one, to get the time display to show chapters. Am I missing something or did Apple, in all its wisdom, remove another great feature from an upgraded device? And while I'm on this, why can't Siri find a movie on my archive either? With the old remotes, you could just hold down on the buttons and scroll thru your list of movies really really fast. I have over 1,000 movies thru my iTunes and with this new AppleTV, all you can do is just flick and flick and flick forever trying to get to the movie Zathura. Another ridiculous omission from the new device.

I've got a call to apple tomorrow but will see if anyone has an answer in here before that scheduled call.

Posted on Dec 30, 2015 1:40 AM

7 replies

Feb 4, 2016 6:11 PM in response to Protodd

I have sent Dan Hinsley an email and am awaiting administrator authorization to post to the forums. I did update MetaX to the most recent release and tried re-tagging the file, to no avail. I called Apple support and they were completely unaware of any issues with ATV4G and chapters. That was disconcerting, to say the least. The most promising fixes for this issue involve Mac applications and not Windows PC. When I get a return email from Dan at MetaX, I will reply. I really do appreciate your help Protodd.

Chapter Selection gone from new AppleTV 4th Gen! WHY? And no fast scroll thru lists of movies anymore?!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.