Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Objects in Master slides staying infront in PPT

Hi all - I am working in PPT 2013, and trying to get an object to stay in front of all images. I used the reordering layers option and while in slide master, I can see the object and I arrange the layers so it is always on top. However, when I go into normal mode to create my presentation, the top image stays in the back. And when I try to reorder images in normal mode, that image does not appear as a layer.

😕 Help!

thanks,

Marianne

OS X Yosemite

Posted on Dec 30, 2015 11:24 AM

14 replies

Jan 2, 2016 7:33 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I see the point, but that thought process is not flexible at all. I have an item that I do consider part of the canvas. But that image I want on top always, because it "points" to the focus of the slide, which is the title of the slide. In my mind, the title, which is a placeholder, and the image are "one". And the way the program works now, they are not.

Jan 2, 2016 7:45 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

It is only certain slides, and it is a small image. The main portion of the slide is a image of the product that my company manufactures. Attached is just an example of the slide. I want the small icon to the left of the title to ALWAYS be on top. But that can only happen if the large photo is static, and I want the option to change the large photo because that slide is supposed to introduce a new product, so the large photo will change often.

If I was the only person in my organization to use the ppt, it wouldn't be a problem. But I'm not, so not everyone will know that they have to paste the image on the actual slide, and in a very specific spot...etc.

🙂User uploaded file

Jan 2, 2016 7:58 PM in response to MareC

If you are going to put another photo on the slide, I would suggest using the photo as the background of the slide. But then, as you say, it isn't just you using it. But these product photos are filling the entire slide? I'll look at it a little closer. I'm just concerned it might be a little different as my experience is with the Window version. I teach this in the community college, but do not have experience with the Mac version. I'll try and get you some different information tomorrow or Monday. It is getting late here and I will be out of town most of tomorrow. I have some ideas, but need to test it.

Jan 2, 2016 8:26 PM in response to MareC

My 2 cents... Pro presentations for hire were my business for almost 20 years.

I settled on MacroMedia Director (now Adobe) as my tool of choice because it has INFINITE versatility - it makes custom software every time

Do us a favor while we are having our wonderful weekend... Post your ActionFlow to achieve exactly what you can accomplish to get the job done - we then might suggest that you TEACH how you get 'er done to your sales force (I probably won't) 🙂

*It was always my consultation to my clients that they Do NOT want their employees Off-Script in any way... i.e., you do NOT want them editing anything and to be parrots of what has been proclaimed by decision makers as "the Perfect Pitch"

Jan 2, 2016 8:32 PM in response to MareC

one other thing just occurred to me...

If you are "in charge" of the images that need "pasting precisely" - or can set up a "standard" for them - you could make them All The Same Size in some fashion by providing an easy to paste in the right spot image, no matter its shape - it registers top-left and is automatically positioned?

*forgive me if I wasn't clear, it is getting past my bedtime.

Objects in Master slides staying infront in PPT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.