Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

File Sharing Issue with OS X 10.6.8 Server

I have a small office running 4 macs connected to a Mac Mini running OS X 10.6.8 Server. Some of the computers are connected via ethernet and some via Airport Base Station. We have a Drobo connect to the Mac Mini to serve files. I recently upgraded one of the connected computers (MBP Retina Mid 2012) to OS X 10.11.2. This computer is connected to the server via Airport. The issue I have on this machine is that folders and files are missing when logged into the server. A folder containing 4 subfolders will only show the first 3. I select one of these 3 and the folders within will be missing one folder. It is usually the last folder in the sequence, but not always. If I connect to the server with Screen Sharing on this same computer I am able to see all folders actually exist on the server. I'd like to upgrade the other computers in the office. Any suggestions how I can solve this issue?

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X El Capitan (10.11.2), OS X 10.6.8 Server

Posted on Dec 30, 2015 12:03 PM

There are no replies.

File Sharing Issue with OS X 10.6.8 Server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.