Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac won't wake up from sleep after OS X El Capitan upgrade

Hello,

I am having this issue where the mac won't wake up from sleep ever since I did a fresh install OS X El Capitan 4-5 days ago.

I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013) with an Apple Cinema Display, a wired Apple Keyboarc and a Magic Mouse.

The computer powers a powered Anker USB 3 hub and the USB connection of the Cinema Display is plugged into the USB hub (via a USB extension).

The USB keyboard is plugged into the back of the Cinema Display and the magic mouse is of course bluetooth.

With Mavericks I used to be able to wake the computer up via either mouse or keyboard but ever since I installed El Capitan neither of those will work. In fact even when I open the display of the dormant MacBook Pro and press a key on the actual computer's keyboard it still won't wake up. In order to turn it on I have to press and hold the power button to first turn it off and then turn it on again.

Can somebody help?
Thanks

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Dec 30, 2015 2:06 PM

1 reply

Mac won't wake up from sleep after OS X El Capitan upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.