Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.3 Unable to rate multiple songs simultaneously?

I am running iTunes 12.3.2.35 on Windows 10 64bit, the problem is this is a new computer and I am unable to import my old iTunes library information, normally not a huge deal as I had a pretty basic 3\4\5 star rating sort, however on 12.3 (I had 11 previously) I cannot change the rating of more than one song at a time; there is no "Rating" option in the {right-click} context menu. Is this a bug? or did the rating method change in 12(.3)? Or am I just missing something obvious? Only being able to rate each song individually is not a good change if it was intentional.

I am going to try installing an earlier version of iTunes to see if that resolves the problem.

Windows 10

Posted on Dec 30, 2015 5:33 PM

4 replies

Jul 26, 2017 10:29 AM in response to Jester585

Jester585 wrote:

Hey all, I haven't read the entire thread,

Perhaps you should have. This thread is more than one year old and Rusty's post (to which you replied) refers to iTunes 12.3

Jester585 wrote:

You used to be able to highlight multiple songs, right click, and adjust the rating in the drop down menu. This is no longer there,

In iTunes 12.6.2.20 (current on 26th July 2017), it is on the right-click context menu (as well as Get Info).

User uploaded file

Jul 26, 2017 9:00 AM in response to Rusty_Gn8

Hey all, I haven't read the entire thread, but I was having this concern recently too and I realized it is still doable, just not the same way as before. You used to be able to highlight multiple songs, right click, and adjust the rating in the drop down menu. This is no longer there, and this is where I think we all figured we can't do this process anymore. But before you start clicking stars through your entire music library, try this. Highlight your multiple selections again, same as before, and right click again, same as before, but now click "Get Info". Within this menu, there is a rating option, where you can apply the blanket rating to your selection.

Jan 1, 2016 5:12 AM in response to Rusty_Gn8

Odd. I see a Ratings submenu when using the right-click context menu on a selection of tracks. Don't you have the old iTunes library as well as the media? Are your ratings on a device? Assuming you keep your media on an external drive see Make a split library portable to make sure that the entire library is put on the drive and then back it up to another.

tt2

iTunes 12.3 Unable to rate multiple songs simultaneously?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.