Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Correct QuickTime PlugIn(s) for iPhone 6S Videos

Since upgrading to the iPhone 6S, whenever I open a video shot with the phone, using QuickTime on my Windows computer, I receive a warning to the effect of "QuickTime may or may not have the necessary components to open this video" and gives me two options; cancel, or continue. If I cancel, I can then always open and play the video as always without issue. If I hit continue, it takes me out to the following QuickTime site:

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/resources/components.html?os=Windows&ctype=6d686c 72&csubtype=6d657461

But I'm not getting any direction from either the QuickTime warning or the site above as to which if any plugin(s) I need to install.

More of a nuisance than anything but I'd like to fix/update QuickTime so that it no longer gives me warnings that it needs something when playing a video captured on an iPhone 6S.

Any thoughts or direction here?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2, null

Posted on Dec 31, 2015 7:57 AM

1 reply

Jan 2, 2016 6:32 PM in response to mlb32704

My thought is the iPhone is a piece of crap highly over rated smartphone. I just bought a iphone 6s plus 128GB for $949 that's not including protective case and screen protector. Never again. An Android will handle any file including .mov, QuickTime doesn't even install on Windows 10, it's a by gone media player. Just trying to put a ringtone on a iPhone from the iTunes library is outrageous. You can sync a iTunes library to an Android.Then with a couple of touches on the screen put any song as a ringtone. And Apple makes the iPhone and iTunes, Yikes! I have nothing to say good about the iPhone other than it's a over rated piece of crap. It's not even in the same league as the Samsung Galaxy s6 edge plus. If you can swap over you'll be glad you did.

Correct QuickTime PlugIn(s) for iPhone 6S Videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.