Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 4K, photoshop blinking, flashing into black while using brushes... anyone knows how to fix this bug? thank you in advance! and happy new year guys!

iMac 4K, Photoshop blinking, flashing into black while using brushes...disgusting issue which kills the concept of buying iMac for serious Photoshop work... anyone knows how to fix this bug? thank you in advance! and happy new year guys!

iMac, 4K

Posted on Dec 31, 2015 8:53 PM

21 replies

Jan 18, 2016 12:03 AM in response to bombsta

Good morning from Italy,

I have the same problem on my new iMac 4K ((3.3 Ghz Inte Core i7) and the latest (updated) version of Photoshop CC.

This problem is also being discussed in the Adobe forum, and it seems that the problem is affecting Photoshop users only using the new iMac 4K.

Hope that Apple, Adobe, or Apple + Adobe can fix this bug, because working like this is really exasperating and I fear that such a problem is damaging my display.

Regards,
Tatiana

Jan 28, 2016 6:14 AM in response to Lyciosa

I have CC15 and 10.11.2 and I can't reproduce this (if its a simple dragging a brush around the screen) but I don't have a 4K iMac.

If it is the 4K it could be the video card driver or another device (like a tablet)

has anyone with a 4K iMac tried to reproduce this when a 2nd monitor is present or if it already is removing that monitor? I'm not suggesting as a workflow but as a pin point attempt.

Jun 7, 2016 3:21 AM in response to bombsta

Hi

New 4k iMac and I am getting the same problem across ID, PS and AI. Worst is ID and is a nightmare to work with.

Bouncing between Adobe and Apple, they blame each other but I did see some posts relating to Intel Iris Pro graphics 6200 which is what I have.

Adobe solved the problem by increasing the size of the cursor in accessibility. This stops the problem although I am now working with a massive cursor

Not ideal but better than the flashing!

Jun 7, 2016 6:10 AM in response to davep6168

if you are using Creative Suite you may consider using a partitioned drive with the OS that was compatible with your legacy iteration of CS

Apple and Adobe, can blame each other but consider Apple will never knowingly fix something to accommodate someone elses software and Adobe has stopped all support for CS, they no longer sell it and development for it's stability or compatibility is long over.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Jun 7, 2016 6:27 AM in response to JimmyCMPIT

Thanks Jimmy

I am running the latest CC though - bizarre as I have had the mac about a month now and only started flashing last Friday (didnt notice any updates also)

Also - just seen your note re a second monitor which is 1920x1080 - it doesnt flicker on that screen, just the 4k main screen

Guess its either graphics card or someone here mentioned it could be Apples API metal - which could then be a bug with either Apple or Adobe

Jun 7, 2016 6:39 AM in response to JimmyCMPIT

Yep - CC2015. No idea how to replicate it as all was fine for a few weeks

No tablet, just keyboard and mouse

And the same Iris card as dialabrain has just mentioned - although I would have thought the gaming guys may have reported issues if this was the problem

Everything we have seen on line only points to people using Adobe on a 4k mac. My bets are an Adobe bug so will log!

Jun 7, 2016 6:42 AM in response to dialabrain

I saw it appeared to be headed in that direction. I was curious to see if I could see anything on a box without the Iris card.

I can appreciate Apple wanting to keep their driver development in house by whoever is in that house needs to look the issues that have been popping up lately, not only the drivers but the OpenCL development which some developers have said Apple defiantly broke something, admitted it and still have not fixed it since 10.10.0 despite saying it would be addressed. It's pretty sad when Graphic Artists and 3D Designers are no longer looking at Apple for production needs, and price is not the only reason any longer.

Jun 7, 2016 6:50 AM in response to davep6168

I had a 3 day "unacomplish-a-thon" with the Adobe techs not too long ago. It appears they have outsourced their support to a group of idiot reading off a flow chart who wouldn't know Photoshop if it bit them in the rear ends. I wish you luck, I truly do.

And this is not me being snarky, me being snarky is when I figured out what the problem is and refused to tell them when they asked. Adobe needs to be responsible and they are just cutting corners wherever they can.

iMac 4K, photoshop blinking, flashing into black while using brushes... anyone knows how to fix this bug? thank you in advance! and happy new year guys!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.