Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5s safari redirects to ad/popup sites

Hi everyone and happy new year

As of yesterday I have had an issue with my iphone 5s, I guess I downloaded some app or used some tv show-related site with lots of hidden adware sites that prompted this type of situation. I had never encountered something similar before and it has been happening ever since.

Please help, I have tried resetting the phone, deleting cookies, clearing history via Settings several times (in aeroplane mode), but each time I visit any page on safari (e.g. The Verge) I`m automatically redirected to some sort of ` play.traffpartners.com `

I added adblocker but it didn`t help the situation either. After installing it, now I`m still redirected but as opposed to getting the sites only play.traffpartners.com browser appears and then it goes blank which means adblocker seems unhelpful in this case as well.

Any suggestions?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2, safari

Posted on Jan 1, 2016 12:42 AM

10 replies

Jan 2, 2016 9:03 AM in response to mikajuko

Hi mikajuko,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with Safari on your iPhone; I know how frustrating that must be. If you continue to have issues with re-directs or adware in Safari, you may find the iOS-specific steps outlined in the following articles, including contacting Apple Support directly if necessary:

Stop pop-up ads and adware in Safari - Apple Support

Safari web settings on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards

Jun 14, 2016 11:36 AM in response to Ignasih

Then if this is not the cause of clicking on a link on some website, you can also attempt a full restore of your iPhone and setup as new. Don't restore from a backup, although I would recommend that you make one prior to restoring the iPhone as new in case you discover the issue was not related to the iOS content that was presently on the phone. Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

iphone 5s safari redirects to ad/popup sites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.