Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i photo query

I have a Mac Pro 13inch notebook with retinal display.

When attempting to play slideshows through i photo, i photo keeps quitting unexpectedly. I had this problem once before but simply left it for a day or so and it began to work fine again (which had been the case to that point). Now the problem appears more permanent. Any ideas about what action I could take? Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Jan 1, 2016 4:15 AM

1 reply

Jan 1, 2016 4:40 AM in response to philcrooks

Which version of iPhoto are you using? and which MacOS X version?

Does it happen only for certain slideshows or all slideshows?

If you are using iPhoto 9.4.5 or an earlier version, iPhoto will crash, whenever you are trying to use maps. It is no longer supported.

See:

The early iPhoto '11 versions started to crash for many users all of a sudden last month.

There is a problem with the Places feature, because the Google maps are no longer supported.

See Huxly647's solution:

Huxly647Nov 20, 2015 12:05 AM
Re: iPhoto crashes after opening repeatedlyin response to carvermonHelpful

I found a fix that works for me..

1. goto /Applications/iPhoto.app/Contents/Resources

2. delete the files ' googlemap.html ' and googlesearch.html

Iphoto no longer crashes, places doesn't work but it doesn't bother me too much.

Let me know if it works for you guys...

Removing the two files ' googlemap.html ' and googlesearch.html from iPhoto's application bundle prevents the javascript inside from being executed and causing the crash. Going offline does obviously do the same. So it is pretty clear, that something happened on Google's end.

Don't try this fix without making a copy of the iPhoto application before you try to remove the two files from the application bundle.

i photo query

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.