Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blank message

-- iPhone 6s on 9.2, AT&T. anyone know why I keep getting blank messages in my iMessage list? They appear at the bottom of the message list and there is no sender, no "To" or message text. When I pull up the message details for each message, "Send My Current Location" is in blue text and "Stop Sharing My Location" is greTed out. I do not have share my location enabled for this device. In details of message, Sender shows as Unknown.

iPhone 6s, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Jan 1, 2016 7:02 AM

5 replies

Apr 10, 2016 11:25 AM in response to mrchntmarine

I get this too. Sometimes it is more than one text message at a time. I also have an ex who is psychopath and I've read that they sometimes put things to track you on your phone. Is this possible on iPhones? I have no apps that I did not download and I am also not sharing my location on my device. When I try to stop sharing, it won't let me. The only way to stop it, is to delete the message, but then it starts all over again the following weekend. I am more curious about whether or not someone can put an illegal tracking software on your phone without you knowing.

Blank message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.