Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help setting up Airport Time Capsule

Hello,

I am having difficulty setting up my new Airport Time Capsule

I live in Canada and my ISP is Bell... I currently have a Modem/Router device provided by Bell.

Currently, the main ethernet comes through the wall and into the WAN port on my Bell modem... Then LAN1 is an ethernet connection to my FIBE TV cable box, and LAN2 is a connection to my PS4.

How do I incorporate the Airport Time Capsule into all of this? They say its as easy as connecting the ethernet cable from my modem to the WAN port on the Airport Extreme, but from which port on my Bell modem?

I've tried connecting the main ethernet from my wall into the WAN port on my bell modem, then connecting an ethernet cable from LAN1 on modem, to the WAN port on Airport extreme, but it doesn't seem to work.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

Posted on Jan 1, 2016 11:28 AM

6 replies

Jan 1, 2016 11:50 AM in response to ironmanDD

I've tried connecting the main ethernet from my wall into the WAN port on my bell modem, then connecting an ethernet cable from LAN1 on modem, to the WAN port on Airport extreme, but it doesn't seem to work.

We do assume that you have a Mac running the current El Capitan operating system or a recent operating system like Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, etc.....correct?

Did you run the setup "wizard" to configure the Time Capsule?

If yes, what errors where detected?

Jan 1, 2016 12:17 PM in response to Bob Timmons

Hey sorry, yes I am running the latest El Capitan on my iMac...

It found the Airport extreme when I first plugged it in, and it went through the setup process, but then came to a step where it asked for my ISP's PPPOE settings, username and password... I skipped that step, and it competed setup... the new network name appears through wifi but I cant connect to it

Jan 1, 2016 12:30 PM in response to ironmanDD

It found the Airport extreme

This is the Airport Time Capsule that you are asking about?.....or.....Is the new Time Capsule connected to an AirPort Extreme?

If you open AirPort Utility on the Mac.......(Finder > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility)......and click directly on the picture of the Time Capsule.....look for a setting for Status in the smaller window that appears

What information appears next to the small amber dot(s)?

Jan 1, 2016 12:41 PM in response to Bob Timmons

it is the Airport Time Capsule, connected directly to the Bell modem/router..

I think I may have solved it... I went into the settings for the newly created network and added the PPPoE settings, which was just a username and password Im guessing for the modem

In airport utility, i don't see anything that says status in the smaller window you refer to... however the flashing amber light is now solid green

I can now connect to the new network on the airport time capsule with all my wireless devices, so I'm guessing everything is good to go lol

Help setting up Airport Time Capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.