Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod nano not recognised by iTunes- Windows 10

My new iPod Nano (7th Generation) is not recognised by iTunes (version 12.3.2). Windows 10 is happy to recognise the Nano as a USB drive and I can copy files onto the Nano using Windows Explorer.

When I open iTunes and connect the Nano the Nano screen says it is connected, windows 10 tells me that it is connected, but iTunes displays the message 'An iPod has been detected, but it could not be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect the IPod, then try again.'

This evening I have uninstalled iTunes, followed the instructions on the Apple support website to stop and restart the 'Apple Mobile Device Service'. I have also uninstalled the windows drivers the computer uses and then reinstall drivers but the only ones that appear are the original windows ones.

In Device manager the iPod is listed in 3 places:

Disk Drives - Apple iPod USB Device

Portable Devices - IPOD

Universal Serial Bus controllers - Apple Mobile Device USB Driver

Universal Serial Bus controllers - USB Mass Storage Device

When I click on update drive on 'portable devices -iPod' it tells me that 'the driver software is up to date WPD FileSystem Volume driver.

Anybody got any other ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

iPod nano, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 1, 2016 11:57 AM

11 replies

Ipod nano not recognised by iTunes- Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.