Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have the red screen of death on my iPhone 6 tried everything.... Tried to book Genius Bar appointment and tried to talk to support online but keep getting errors. Help anyone

MY iPhone 6 stopped working Friday night when I power it on it goes to the apple screen over and over again then the red screen then back to the apple screen and then closes down. I've tried all sorts. I'm having problems booking a Genius Bar appointment an can't get hold of online support. Anyone else having issues

iPhone 6

Posted on Jan 2, 2016 1:51 AM

2 replies

Jan 3, 2016 12:31 PM in response to Kimsheff

Howdy Kimsheff,

I understand that your iPhone is no longer starting up beyond a red screen or the Apple logo. The steps outlined below can help restore your iPhone to a functional state in such a situation.

1. Connect your device to a computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, you can borrow one, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
  2. While your device is connected, force it to restart. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the Recovery mode screen.
    User uploaded file
  3. When you get the option to restore or update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data.
    User uploaded file

iTunes will download the software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3 again.

User uploaded file

What to do next

Contact Apple Support to set up service if you have any of these issues:

• You still see a black screen after charging, force restarting, or following the steps in this article.
  • You see a black screen, but can hear alerts, sounds, and vibrations.
  • Your screen is on, but it doesn't respond to when you tap, slide, or try other gestures.
  • You can't force your device to restart because your Home button or Sleep/Wake button is broken or stuck.
  • Your device is stuck on the Apple logo, displays a solid color, or isn't recognized in iTunes.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn‘t respond or won‘t turn on
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201412

All my best.

Have the red screen of death on my iPhone 6 tried everything.... Tried to book Genius Bar appointment and tried to talk to support online but keep getting errors. Help anyone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.