Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why my iphone 5 do not ask for voicemail password after i have reset all the iphone settings?

As referring to the iPhone website, after I have set up my iPhone as a new one, it will ask for voicemail password. However, my iPhone 5 never ask for it , does it really matter?😕 I'm using the latest IOS 9.2

iPhone 5, iOS 9.2

Posted on Jan 2, 2016 1:38 AM

1 reply

Jan 3, 2016 12:19 PM in response to leng91

Hi leng91,

You will need to reset your password if you want to access the voicemail from your telephone carrier. Here's how:

iPhone: How to reset or change your voicemail password

Contact your wireless carrier to learn how to reset or change your voicemail password on iPhone.

If you don't remember your voicemail password or need to change it, contact your wireless carrier for assistance.

If your wireless carrier offers Visual Voicemail, you can change your voicemail password directly from your iPhone: Tap Settings > Phone > Change Voicemail Password.

Last Modified: Feb 4, 2015

Happy New Year!

why my iphone 5 do not ask for voicemail password after i have reset all the iphone settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.