Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple monitors for mid 2012 macbook pro?

I have a mid-2012 macbook pro 13. I have found multiple sources that say this machine can support multiple monitors. However, I have yet to find any source that explains how?!? The apple supported Mini DisplayPort adaptors only connect to one HDMI, does apple support more than one monitor but don't support the hardware to make it happen?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 2, 2016 9:30 AM

8 replies

Jan 2, 2016 9:38 AM in response to Duane

sorry, you are correct, thunderbolt. My head is swimming with terms as I try to research this topic. However, it has only one Thunderbolt port. How an I connect two displays with one port? I don't see any splitters, and wouldn't that just duplicate the monitors even if there was one? The goal is to have two extended monitors. Perhaps it isn't possible with this machine.

Oct 28, 2017 1:20 PM in response to tjshelby32

hello idk if you still use this page but here is how i would do it.

i have a tv with hdmi

and a moniter with vga i can connect my mac to both and i have a cord for both but in order to have three screens you would need your macbook hdmi to hdmi and vga to vga aand this item off of amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XJESS4E/ref=asc_df_B00XJESS4E5237947/?tag=hyprod-20 &creative=395033&creativeASIN=B00XJESS4E&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198138936631&hvpos= 1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17681811049225106013&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl =&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031161&hvtargid=pla-350995644388

then you just connect everything to ewverything.

Jan 2, 2016 9:45 AM in response to tjshelby32

From MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) - Technical Specifications

Thunderbolt digital video output

• Native Mini DisplayPort output
  • DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (sold separately)
  • VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (sold separately)
  • Dual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter (sold separately)
  • HDMI audio and video output using third-party Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter (sold separately)

Multiple monitors for mid 2012 macbook pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.