Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does a wireless Beats headphone use more energy than a wired one?

I'm wondering whether a wireless (bluetooth) Beats Solo 2 headphone uses more energy than a wired one, for example the Solo 2 headphone.

I'm asking this because I would like to buy one.

On the one hand I think the bluetooth one will use less energy from my iPhone because it uses the energy from its own battery inside the headphones to produce sound. However, my phone has to establish a bluetooth connection, which also uses energy (but my bluetooth is always one due to my Apple Watch).

On the other hand I could think of the wired one that uses more energy, because this one connects via the 3,5 mm jack and this wired headphone doesn't have its own battery, so all the music that is produced will use energy from the battery of my iPhone, so this could take more energy.

I hope someone can answer my question!

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2, Beats Solo 2 or Beats Solo 2 wirele

Posted on Jan 2, 2016 11:15 AM

2 replies

Sep 8, 2016 9:17 AM in response to iMarkb

I found this question while doing some research on the same topic. The other info I found showed that BT uses a little more power than wired, but not a huge amount more. You likely wouldn't notice a big difference even after a few hours of music.

You are correct that playing into headphones uses power, since the audio amplifier has to drive them. BT just uses slightly more power.

Does a wireless Beats headphone use more energy than a wired one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.