Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Too Loud TV After Turning Off Apple TV

Hello

I recently got the latest Apple TV (2015). I connected it to my 2011 Samsung TV. It works fine, and when I put the apple tv sleep, it turns my TV off, and that's OK.

However, my TV starts with a very loud sound when I turn it on a few minutes later. It is so loud that it almost blasts my speakers out in my TV, and I had to reduce the sound immediately.

Is any one experiencing this problem? Any advise to fix it is greatly appreciated.

BNA

Apple TV, iOS 9.2

Posted on Jan 2, 2016 12:47 PM

4 replies

Feb 5, 2016 12:19 AM in response to bna2015

I have the exact same issue. The TV comes back at FULL volume for 10-20seconds after switching from Apple TV2 DVMI source to my DirectTV source. TV volume controls at 0 doesn't do anything until the LOUD volume ends. TV Mute does work but no matter how long I leave mute on, the LOUD period still happens afterwards. My previous Apple TV 1 never did this.

Oct 6, 2016 6:34 PM in response to bna2015

Hello, Did you have any luck resolving this? I also have this issue. I have the AppleTV4 going to a 2011 Samsung LED TV. Sometimes when the TV is turned on by the AppleTV I get a few seconds burst of what sounds like higher than full volume. Sounds like it is practically killing the speakers on the TV. Not sure if this is an issue with the Apple or Samsung?

Too Loud TV After Turning Off Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.