Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact Card Field labeled cards

When I upgraded to Yosemite, all of my Contacts had a new card field added. The name of this field is, "cards," and there are always two entries for that field. Both of those entries are my Apple ID (same as my email). The "card" fields data are hyperlinks. Clicking the link opens a new window showing the person's information on whose contact card I clicked the link. Sample contact card below. The cards field is above note and displays the start of my ID in two places.

User uploaded file

The Contacts app for iOS and iCloud do not show this field on contact cards.

When I create a new contact, the "cards" field is not available, but after a few moments, the contact record refreshes and displays the field.

This "cards" field is not available to add to my template or using the "Add Field" functions. I can delete each entry separately using Edit, then the "cards" field disappears from that contact record.

Anyone else seeing this issue? And does anyone know how to bulk update my contacts to remove this field and the two entries from all records?

I do have another issue with Contacts that may be related. So I will call out that other topic here but post details in another question.

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information>

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), null

Posted on Jan 2, 2016 12:01 PM

2 replies

Jul 9, 2017 3:18 AM in response to TruTexGuy

Read these articles : Contacts for Mac: Merge contact cards

: Contacts for Mac: Link contact cards

If you use multiple accounts in Contacts, you may see more than one card for a contact—for example, one card from LinkedIn and one from Google. When this happens, you can link the cards. Contacts retains the cards in each account, but shows just one card with the combined information.

• Link cards: Select the cards you want to link, then choose Card > Link Selected Cards.
  • Unlink cards: Select the linked card, click Edit, then click the Remove button for one or more accounts.

If you remove an account that contains linked cards, the cards are unlinked and only the cards in that account are removed.

Contact Card Field labeled cards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.