Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wahoo Blue HR won't work with Nike Running?

Hello,

I have an iPhone 6S, running the current OS. I also have a Wahoo Blue HR bluetooth heart rate monitor and the Nike Running app (current version). Across two iPhones (upgrading from a 5S to the 6S) and a fresh install of the Nike Running software (reinstall corruption), I have never been able to get the Nike Running app to see the Wahoo HRM, even though Wahoo's own utility can see it and other running apps (notably RunMeter) can see it. In the Health app, Nike Running is set to read heart rate data, but -- with the HRM paired -- when I go to start a run in Nike Running and turn on "Heart Rate", the message below still reads "not connected".

It seems that, unlike RunMeter (I think), Nike Running relies on somehow getting the heart rate data via HealthKit. FWIW, though I can pair the Wahoo HRM with the iPhone with no problem, it never appears in the Health App. I expect it to appear on the Sources pane, under devices, but it doesn't. Should it?

Has anyone with this configuration had any success getting this to work, and have Nike Running record heart rate data from this particular HRM? If so, how?

Thanks!

Todd

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2

Posted on Jan 2, 2016 1:33 PM

1 reply

Wahoo Blue HR won't work with Nike Running?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.