Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to change "reachable" phone number for Icloud and Apple Id

How can I change "reachable" phone number setup for Icloud and Apple Id

Wrong number on there causing problems

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2

Posted on Jan 2, 2016 3:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2016 3:30 PM

Manage your Apple ID here:

https://appleid.apple.com

10 replies

Feb 11, 2016 3:46 PM in response to gail from maine

Hello,

I confirm the pb : there is no way to change or delete a phone number on Apple ID (at least on the french version of it !). We can only add an email address.

Someone said in another post something like off/on FaceTime, Imessage and the phone etc... Maybe I didn't understand, maybe it doesn't work in the case of deleting a number, not changing it. I want to delete one of the 2 numbers.

Any suggestion, please (knowing that it can't be done directly on Apple ID) ?

Many thanks,

Ch

Apr 10, 2016 9:02 PM in response to rmklear

The "Reachable At" information is a reflection of how you have Messages set up. Did you remove the Work phone number from your Send & Receive on all phones that you are using Messages on? Did you sign out of Messages on the Work phone?

All phones signed into the same iCloud account will show both phone numbers. It appears that this "Reachable At" section is just a confirmation of email addresses, and, apparently the last registered phone number you have set up for Messages and FaceTime.

Not sure how it chooses which number to display, but it is more informational than anything else. My guess is that if you have a device running iOS 9, then the phone number for that device is what shows up.

Best of luck,

GB

Need to change "reachable" phone number for Icloud and Apple Id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.