Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5c won't download any apps

I Have an iPhone 5c in the 8gb and I'm trying to reinstall snapchat on this phone but every time I tap on the cloud it loads up like its about to start installing but just goes back to the cloud symbol I also tried tapping on random other apps to see if they would install instead but no they just did the same thing as snapchat. I've already tried the rebootin/resetting where you hold the lock button and home butto. That doesn't do anything at all... I only have 4 apps that I need for my everyday use and snapchat is one of them my apps haven't took up storage yet or anything.

So what do I do???

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Jan 2, 2016 9:59 PM

2 replies

Jan 2, 2016 10:02 PM in response to erika10110

Hi there! Sorry to hear that!

My guess is that if you've updated your phone recently, the software update took up your remaining storage. 8GB is a very small amount of data, so it would be easy to use it up quickly.

Delete some videos (those take the most storage) and photos, and try reinstalling it. If that doesn't work, try songs, and finally apps. If there still isn't enough room, I'm afraid you'll have to live without snap chat or buy a new phone. The iPhone 5s is $0 (with a new plan) on most carriers!

Best of luck to you!

Jan 3, 2016 5:32 PM in response to erika10110

Hi erika10110,

If I'm correct, you're having problems downloading Snapchat again onto your iPhone, and I'd be happy to help you solve this today! I'll provide you different methods to try and fix your problem, after trying each method try checking to see if you can download Snapchat, if you can't just move onto the next method.

First off:

• Let's make sure you're running the latest iOS version by going into Settings > General > Software Update. If your iOS version is up to date, you'll get a message saying "Your software is up to date."
  • Make sure you're connected to a Wi-Fi network.
  • Make sure you have enough storage

Settings > General > About

• Check the amount of available storage space left on your iPhone next to Available and verify you have enough space to install Snapchat

Now:

• Please make sure you're already signed in with the same Apple ID you used to install Snapchat. Once you've verified that, check your Apple ID settings to make sure your country is set to the country where you purchased Snapchat from.
  • Try connecting your iPhone into your computer and syncing your apps from iTunes

If that doesn't work, try restarting your device then repeating the step. If you don't know how to restart your device, follow these steps:

• Press and hold on the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears
    • Drag the slider to completely power off the iPhone
    • Once the iPhone is off, press and hold on the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
  • Sign out of iTunes & App Store and sign back in

Open Settings > iTunes & App Store > Tap on your Apple ID > Sign Out

• Once you've signed out, repeat the steps and sign back in.
  • Reset network settings

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

• Once you've reset the network settings, join your network again.

If nothing else works:

If nothing else works, you can try resetting your iPhone to factory settings. This guide written by Apple will help:

Erase all content and settings on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch - Apple Support

I hope I've helped, if you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask 🙂

iPhone 5c won't download any apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.