Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my messages app on my mac show i have unopened messages but i deleted all my messages and doesn't show on my messages on iPhone

??

MacBook, iOS 9.2

Posted on Jan 3, 2016 10:38 AM

2 replies

Jan 4, 2016 11:54 AM in response to xchristeezy

Hi,

The "Sync" as Apple calls it between devices using iMessages is only "Display on all Devices".

After that anything you do is independent of the other devices.

So they could have been read and deleted on the iPhone anyway, separately from the Mac version.

The Mac version is much more likely to show an Unread Badge number if your delete Messages you know you have read on your iPhone almost as soon as they show up on the Mac.

It does seem the Dock Badge does not always keep up.

Linc's number 1 item might be able to bring them back to the Chat window where you can dismiss them properly (again).

IF that does not work then open the Activity Monitor app in Applications/Utilities

This should list all the apps and process that have been opened since the Mac started.

Find the Finder in the list. It should be relatively low down the list if the Mac has been on a while.

Nearby should be the listing for the DOCK (It starts up close in time to the Finder).

Highlight the Dock item then use the grey icon with the hexagonal "Stop" sign on it top left.

Confirm Force Quit.

At this point the Dock will disappear from the Screen (if viewable) then reappear and the Dock listing in Activity Monitor should re-appear at the top of the listing as it restarts automatically.

This should reset the counter on the Dock Icon for Messages.

User uploaded file

7:54 pm Monday; January 4, 2016

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

why does my messages app on my mac show i have unopened messages but i deleted all my messages and doesn't show on my messages on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.