Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i transfer my ipod and its music to a new laptop

Posted on Jan 3, 2016 9:55 AM

2 replies

Jan 4, 2016 12:04 AM in response to ggulla

The best way to transfer music to a new computer is to use your old computer as the source, and transfer your complete iTunes folder. Then, iTunes on the new computer looks like iTunes on the old computer, because you are using the same iTunes library. If you can do this, please post back. iPods are not meant to be your iTunes data backup.

By design, iTunes syncing is typically in one direction only, from computer's iTunes library to iPod. The exception is songs purchased from iTunes Store (because iTunes can verify ownership). However, there are third-party methods and utilities that can transfer from iPod to computer. If you do an Internet search on something like "ipod transfer music," you should get some useful links, including an article by CNET on the topic.

Once the song files are on your new computer's drive, you can add them to the iTunes library.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.